As a Certified Facilitator and trainer for Everything DiSC®, I regularly make use of the many tools and techniques available within the Everything DiSC family for coaching, mentoring, team development, training and to support effective recruitment in dental practices across the country.
Here is a brief overview of how Everything DiSC can add value to your practice and why I find the tools so valuable in my day to day work.
Everything DiSC identifies four primary dimensions of workplace behaviour:
Dominance – Influence – Steadiness – Conscientiousness.
Everyone is a blend of all 4 styles and has a unique behavioural style. An individual’s DiSC style is identified using a reliable, interactive, on-line questionnaire and shown by a ‘dot’‘, which is placed on the model.
DiSC styles do not identify abilities or strengths. There is no right or wrong /pass or fail. A style demonstrates personal priorities or workplace behavioural style.
The Everything DiSC model is highly memorable and easily understood. Participants start their learning journey by being introduced to this simple model and, through various practical exercises, build upon the model to open up a wealth of self-understanding and appreciation of others.
The visual and easily understood model provides a practical, interactive and fun learning opportunity, perfect for personal development plans and CPD. This new-found knowledge then enables practice owners, practice managers and the whole practice team, to further increase self-awareness and understanding of those they work alongside.
Using a DiSC Profiling Approach to Learning:
- Enables individuals and practice teams to work more effectively together
- Helps team members understand one another better
- Introduces an easily understood “common language” to recognise and compare different people
- Acts as a springboard for conversations, one to one reviews and team development
- Increases individual and practice performance
- Improves communication and engagement between team members themselves and management/practice owners
- Reduces conflict and misunderstandings within the practice
Thanks to its versatility, DiSC can be adapted for each practice and used to improve and develop:
- Team Working and Team Development
- Leadership and Management capability
- Individual Coaching and Mentoring
- Patient Journey
- Treatment Plan Acceptance
- Appraisals and Reviews
- Working Relationships
- Performance Management
- Management of Change
- Morale and Employee Engagement
- Personal and 360 Feedback for Principal Dentists/Managers
Reasons to Choose Everything DiSC® Over Other Popular Psychometric Tools
- Everything DiSC is statistically proven to be very reliable and the core concepts have been successfully delivered to many millions of people for more than than 40 years. Reliability and accuracy is greatly enhanced through adaptive testing used in participant profiling questions, which identifies discrepancies in responses and asks further questions to encourage consistency.
- Everything DiSC offers an effective, non-threatening, non-judgemental and common language which can be quickly used within the team and practice.
- The Everything DiSC family contains a range of tailored profiles for individuals, teams, leaders and managers.
- Profiles are written in an easy-to-read, non-academic format which are user-friendly and suitable for individuals throughout the practice.
- Profiles are written in a neutral tone- although focus is still given to potential short-comings meaning participants are more receptive and less defensive.
- Everything DiSC is competitively priced. Individual profiles and practice training sessions offer truly excellent value.
- MyEverythingDiSC.com. is a unique online resource, which is made available to participants after workshops and completion of profiles to continue their learning.
Everything DiSC can be tailored to the individual needs of your practice from individual, one-to-one coaching/mentoring to self-learning or as a popular and cost-effective 3 hour interactive workshop for the practice team.
To find out how you and your practice could benefit from Everything DiSC or to discuss your needs in more detail, please book a complimentary phone call at a convenient time through our on-line calendar or drop an e-mail with your questions and contact details to DiSC@yourdentalmanager.co.uk. www.yourdentalmanager.co.uk