Change is inevitable and essential in every business to stay competitive, avoid losing customers and to keep costs under control. This may be as straightforward as upgrading your practice software system or implementing new ways of doing things, through to opening a second practice or converting from NHS to private.
Effective communication, project planning and organisational skills along with dedicated time to manage the project are all needed and often not always available within your practice.
Often the team are left not really understanding what is happening, the benefits of change and wonder what the impact will be on them moving forward.
Involve the team from the start and change can often run much smoother.
Your Dental Manager can help you deliver change into the practice in many ways including:
- Analysis of the benefits
- Review of the impact
- Best Practice
- Coaching & mentoring
- Communication with the team
- Delivery and Implementation
- In the words of one happy client:
“Mark has turned our business around.Working with the whole team and always putting our goals and priorities at the centre of everything he does for us. He has the ability to reassure and motivate alongside a very strong business sense.
Thanks Mark, you keep us on the right path”
This and other testimonials can be seen here.
We understand that every practice is different and always tailor our support to suit the management skills and resources you already have by “Bridging the Management Gap” and coaching your management team along the way, as necessary.
Projects we have successfully delivered to other dental practices include:
- NHS to private conversion – both individual dentist and full practice
- KPI and performance management systems
- Financial accounting systems
- Compliance software
- Staff appraisal/bonus schemes
- Practice acquisition/mergers/expansions
- Practice and Business Manager recruitment
- Tracking systems for referral dentists
- Virtual reception/overspill telephone answering systems
- CQC registrations
If you are planning change now or in the future, please get in touch to find out how we can help turn your plans into reality or book a complimentary call at a convenient time, through our on-line calendar.
Managed change is essential for any growing business to keep up with the demands of competition, patients and improved ways of doing “what we have always done”.
The word “managed” is key of course and here are some tips I share with clients when supporting them with managed change:
1) Lead by example and embrace the change
2) Communicate, involve and share openly with the team
3) Always share proof of improvement, not promises!
4) Manage expectations and recognise/respect the different ways people react to change
5) Plan the implementation within reasonable timescales
6) Consider the bigger picture and plan for the wider impact
7) Listen and respond to feedback from the team & patients
8) Monitor closely and respond quickly to variances
9) Celebrate and share the benefits