Managed change is essential for any growing business to keep up with the demands of competition, patients and improved ways of doing “what we have always done”.
The word “managed” is key of course and here are some tips I share with clients when supporting them with managed change:
1) Lead by example and embrace the change
2) Communicate, involve and share openly with the team
3) Always share proof of improvement, not promises!
4) Manage expectations and recognise/respect the different ways people react to change
5) Plan the implementation within reasonable timescales
6) Consider the bigger picture and plan for the wider impact
7) Listen and respond to feedback from the team & patients
8) Monitor closely and respond quickly to variances
9) Celebrate and share the benefits